- The Legal Expenses Plan is an insurance policy that covers the member, also known as the “insured’ for LEGAL ADVICE, ASSISTANCE, and COURT APPEARANCES. Which, basically, are its core benefits.
- The policy covers the Members life partner/spouse and six of his/her/their dependent biological or legally adopted children under the age of 21 years who are unmarried, full time students and financially dependent on the principal member.
- It has a Minimum age entry of 18 and Maximum age entry of 64
Packages, Pricing & Benefits
The premium rates are shown per annual cover limits below:
|PACKAGE||INDIVIDUAL PRICING||BENEFIT LEVEL Per Annum||COVER|
|Bronze||ZMW 35.00||ZMW 35,000.00||Civil & Criminal matters|
|Silver||ZMW 65.00||ZMW 75,000.00||Civil, Criminal, Labour and Family|
|Gold||ZMW 95.00||ZMW 115,000.00||Civil, Criminal, Labour, Family, Divorce and Contracts|
|Platinum||ZMW 125.00||ZMW 150,000.00||Civil, Criminal, Labour, Family, Divorce, Contracts, Taxation, Conveyancing and Trusts|
- The Commencement date of the policy is the date on which the first premium is received
- Premiums can be paid Monthly, Quarterly and/or annually by deduction code (payroll), debit order or mobile payment.
- Premiums are package related and no additional premiums are required for immediate family.
- Premiums do not increase annually.
- Legal Advice is available on receipt of the first premium. Members have immediate access to a 24-hour legal service center to obtain legal advice and standard legal documents.
- Legal Assistance or legal representation is provided after the waiting period. A three (3) month waiting period applies (6 months in the event of divorce claim).
- The policy pays the attorney or legal practitioner directly in the event of a claim.
- The member may claim an unlimited amount of times, however, cover is controlled by the maximum annual cover chosen by the member.
- The maximum sum assured for one individual is ZMW 150,000.00 (aggregated over all LEGAL policies).